FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of these Terms and Conditions and by participating all participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by them. Participants should retain a copy for their information.
1. Open to UK & ROI residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of Nestlé UK Ltd and their immediate families, its agents, or anyone else professionally connected with the promotion.
2. Only one entry per person throughout the duration of the promotion. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be attempting to circumvent this clause by tampering with the operation of the promotion, setting up multiple accounts, using multiple identities or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be disruptive.
3. No purchase necessary.
4. There are five (5) prizes available to be won in total each consisting of a Strava Premium Membership for 12 months, worth £54.99. Membership will be subject to Strava’s own terms and conditions which can be found here . Premium Membership subscription will be sent to the winners via email and can be activated online.
No cash or other alternative will be available in lieu of the stated prizes except in the event of circumstances beyond its control, the Promoters reserve the right to offer an alternative prize, in whole or part, of equal or greater value. The prize suppliers are in no way associated with, or sponsors of, this promotion.
HOW TO ENTER:
• Participants will require an Instagram account to enter and must ensure that their entries are set to ‘Public’. Participants who do not already have an Instagram account may open one at www.instagram.com, by following the instructions and reading the relevant terms and conditions.
Participants may enter via Instagram by:
- Liking the official promotional post
- Following @Solgarukireland on Instagram
- Posting a photo on their own Instagram page that captures their own idea of a golden moment, whether it be playing with their family, or running/hiking in nature etc. Photos should have the hashtag #MySolgarGoldenMoment and tag @Solgarukireland.
- Photos must be set to ‘Public’ or ‘Global’ so they can the seen and included in the prize draw. Due to privacy rules, photos not set to Public will not be included in the Prize Draw and will not have a chance to win a prize.
The winners will be drawn at random from all valid entries made via Instagram by 23:59 on 09.02.24. The winners’ Instagram names will be announced/tagged in the original promotion post within two (2) standard working days. The winners will be required to private message the Promoter within five (5) working days of the winners’ notification with their contact details to arrange their prize.
I.P. By participating in the Promotion, the prize draw respondents license and grants the Promoter an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, and display such content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution, or liability. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert. Participants warrant that any comments or photos are their own, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights.
• By participating entrants understand and agree to their comments and photos being publicly displayed on the @Solgarukireland official UK Instagram page. Such entries may be attributed to the original entrant using their name as provided with their entry, or as shown on their Instagram account.
• Comments and photos must not infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party (including professional photographers). The Promoter reserves the right to remove any comments it deems to be:
i. Violent, negative or/and discriminative of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, or be profane or obscene;
ii. Promote or be about the use of illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons, any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
iii. Be offensive or be about hate;
iv. Defame, misrepresent or contain negative remarks about the Promoter or its products, other people, products or companies;
v. Contain trademarks owned by others or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission;
vi. Contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media or musical "samples") without permission;
vii. Contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than the participant, without permission;
viii. Communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Promoter wishes to associate;
ix. Depict, and cannot itself be in, violation of any law.
5. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion to immediately and permanently remove any comments, photos, or posts that it deems to be distasteful, degrading or will in any way cause offence. Comments should not mention or tag another person except where the entrant has obtained express permission to publicly share that person’s Instagram name. All entries must conform to Instagram guidelines and terms and conditions.
6. The winners will be drawn at random by an independent third party from all valid entries received by the stated closing date. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be attempting to tamper with the operation of the promotion, setting up multiple accounts, aliases, using multiple identities or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of the Terms and Conditions; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be disruptive. Entries (bulk or otherwise) from trade, agencies, third party or automated entries are not permitted and will be disqualified.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to remove any entrant from the prize draw whose social media name or photo it deems to be offensive, or it believes may cause offence to other participants.
8. Prize draw closes at 23:59 on 09.02.24. Participation is via the method as outlined in Clause 4 above only. No postal or other entry method is available.
9. The prize draw will take place using an independently verified random computer number generator within two (2) standard working days of the prize draw closing date and the winners notified via Instagram only. Winners will be drawn from all qualifying posts that meet the criteria as set out in the Clause above titled HOW TO ENTER. The winners will be required to contact the Promoter via a Private Message to provide contact details and to make arrangements for their prize to be delivered. Whilst all reasonable steps will be taken to contact the winner, if this cannot be achieved within a further seven (7) working days and after three attempts, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel the prize entitlement and award the prize to a reserve winner who will be drawn at the same time as the original winner. If the reserve winner does not respond within 28 days of being notified and after three attempts, the prize entitlement will be withdrawn, and the prize removed from the promotion. On completion of the validation process, the prize will be sent by email within 28 days of confirmation.
10. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper
operation of this promotion, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these Terms and Conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
11. The Promotion and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of the participating country and any disputes as to the meaning of these Terms and Conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the participant’s local courts.
12. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
13. The decision of the Promoter in all matters connected to this draw is final and binding.
14. Promoter reserves the right to verify the winner and to refuse to award the prize or withdraw prize entitlement where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements, or otherwise where a participant has gained an unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
15. By taking part in the promotion, the winners agree that the Promoter may contact them to ask whether they want to participate in marketing activities/PR relating to this promotion only. Such publicity may include, without limitation, the entrants’ name and/or if consent given, image or statements made by entrants concerning the promotion and/or prize obtained as part of the promotion. The winner(s) are not obliged to agree to any such requests.
of data by sending an email to: UKI.Dataprotection@uk.nestle.com. By participating in the promotion, you agree to the use of your personal data as described here. You can withdraw your consent at any time. For the purposes of this promotion, requests to delete personal data can only be actioned after the promotion has concluded and the winner has accepted their prize. Any data obtained via this promotion will be deleted after three (3) months of the promotional period end date with the exception of the winner and reserves whose data will be deleted after fulfilment of the prize.
18. No responsibility can be accepted for any entries that cannot be made, are incomplete, corrupted, delayed or are not received for any reason whatsoever. The Promoter cannot assume any responsibility or liability for:
• Any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions.
• Communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers used in any aspect of the promotion.
• Any unauthorised access to the operation of this promotion.
• Inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet or Instagram, or any combination thereof.
19. All normal Internet connection charges associated with the submission of an entry to the promotion shall be the entrant’s responsibility.
20. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Entrants accept and understand that they are providing their information to the Promoter, and that Instagram has no liability for any element of this promotion. Furthermore, any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion will be directed to the Promoter only.
21. Any person posting, or seen to be posting, comments to the participating social media pages or elsewhere during the promotion that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other participants, fans of ‘Solgar’ or directly aimed at the Promoter, will have their comments removed and will be disqualified from the promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to alert Instagram to any such behaviour, which may result in the person’s account being frozen pending investigation.
23. To ensure fairness and the integrity of the promotion to all participants, the Promoter will not enter into discussions regarding the running of this promotion via social media but will respond to questions via email@example.com.
24. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid, or otherwise unenforceable, then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
25. If, for any reason, any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the promotion or invalidate any affected entries. If an act, omission, event, or circumstance occurs which is beyond the
reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
Promoter/’we’: Nestlé UK Ltd, Nestlé House, Haxby Road, York YO31 8TA